Getting To It
Begin By Smudging Yourself:
1. Start by directing smoke to you eyes to clear your vision
2. Then your mouth to ensure you speak only kind words
3. Then heart to open your ability to love unconditionally
4. Pass the smoke over my body both front and back- if you have a physical issue or feel negativity in one of your chakras or aura, pay special attention to these areas
5. Always keep your intention of clearing negativity, and filling yourself with peace, love and light in your mind OR what ever intention/prayer
6. Move to the four directions starting with the East. Then, turning clockwise, offer to the South, again turning, to the West and then again to the North Also offer the smoke downwards to Mother Earth, upwards to Father Sky and, most importantly, to the Creator or Great Spirit. You may also offer the smoke to the moon, sun, waters, winds and the Universe. Do whatever feels right to you and whatever your intuition tells you to.
Proceed With Smudging Space:
1. Always start at the back door moving in your house in the clockwise direction- you want to do every room in your home in a counter clockwise direction, focusing on corners, under beds, in cupboards, in closets. Starting at the ground and moving up once complete in the room finish at the window or door to move old out and new in
2. Home Clockwise, Rooms counter-clockwise finishing at window/door
3. Start on the lowest level and move up the stories, excluding the room/ area where the front door as that is going to be your LAST place to smudge inside the house
4. While proceeding through the house in each room/ area you want to keep affirming out loud your prayer/ mantra/ intentions, all while keeping in mind negative out positive in!
5. When finished and at the front door be sure to smudge the 4 corners inside then outside.
6. Be sure to close off the ritual/ ceremony with a thanks to the guides that helped and whatever words resonate with you best (ie. So be it, So it is, Amen, Bless be, etc.)
Proceed With Smudging Item Or Possession:
1. Begin with a prayer and set your intention.
2. Hold the item in your hand or set it on the ground or table
3. Begin by wafting smoke underneath the object so that the smoke covers it from below, than swirl the smoke around the object several times; continue until your intuition tells you to stop or until the sage stops smoking
4. Be sure to close off the ritual/ ceremony with a thanks to the guides that helped and whatever words resonate with you best (ie. So be it, So it is, Amen, Bless it be, etc.)
*Please exercise extreme safety, you are working with fire and smoke- never leave unattended, never do in areas that don't allow open flame, ensure there are proper extinguishing methods present in case of an emergency.